Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rolling at the Outdoor Show


Yesterday I was preforming rolling demonstrations at the Outdoor show, and quite honestly, I was nervous before I started. I had the pool to myself, with a mc explaining what I was doing for half an hour. That's a lot of time to keep people entertained.

On the first roll however, I realized two things: (1) I remembered that rolling relaxes me, and (2) the water was bloody freezing! 
I really had nothing to worry about (besides the ice cream headache) and things went pretty smoothly.

I was really excited to have an aerial view of me rolling. I haven't really seen that view before and I thought that it was pretty cool. Flying Cameras is a local company that specializes in RC quadcopters and hexacopters for aerial filming. They had a booth at the show and happily filmed for us.

You will also probably notice that I'm not in my boat.
Ecomarine kindly lent me an Avocet LV so that I didn't have to haul mine in for the show, which is greatly appreciated. 


After my demonstration, there was a hilarious SUP tug-o-war... which involved quite a bit of falling in :)

Overall I had a great time and thank you to everyone who showed up to watch!

2 comments:

James said...

Alana,

What you do is amazing!!! Thanks for the mention.

James from Flying Cameras

Alana said...

Thank you so much for the aerial footage!